Saturday 15 October 2011

Latest Painting

Since my OU course ended in September and having to wait for Feb 2012 for the next one to begin I thought it was about time I got busy with a brush and have compleated 2 so far.

This one  could have been inspired by the riots although in reality I wanted to create the vision of looking at a city, at night through a rain soaked car window. The buildings are all cut out of card and the texture in the sky is a mix of wood glue and sawdust.
The painting measures 24 x 24 inches

I followed it up with this painting, I wanted the city again, and to use card to give a 3D effect, but I wanted to lie in a square looking up at the sund with the buildings around me.

Be nice to have comments.

Chris

2 comments:

  1. I love the one with the effect of the Sun, beautiful <3
    The car window one reminds me of the frustration of trying to stargaze through the orange glow of light pollution in London.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Don, having moved out of the smoke I now know what darkness is at night :)

    ReplyDelete